Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Champagne: Not just a beverage but a lifestyle.

I think it is a terrible thing that many good champagne drinking days are wasted each year because people are under the false belief that this precious beverage should only be consumed on holidays. Shame. I honestly believe that Champagne is not only a beverage but a way of life. When people see me, flute (not the instrument, duh) in hand, they often ask what the occasion is...the usual response is something to the effect of..."it's Tuesday" or "I'm thirsty". I don't see why sparkling wine wouldn't be an appropriate choice of beverage for a Tuesday...or breakfast (lunch or dinner). In fact, in recent years, I have devoted many good drinking days to discovering the joys (and appropriateness) of all kinds of different sparkling wines. Although this blog is titled Champagne State of Mind it could just as easily be called Sparkling State of Mind. When it comes to wine I am certainly not one to discriminate (when it comes to most things I'm usually not one to discriminate) so I will declare all sparklers equal until tasted and decided upon otherwise.  So keep posted as I navigate the wonderful world of all things bubbly. Until then...keep sparkling.

No comments:

Post a Comment