Friday, July 1, 2011

Born this way Bubbles

Tonight the theme at the Olsen house in Corona del Mar was inspired by Gaga...as are most nights of my life. 
Inspiration...PS Go Gauchos!!!
Here at the Olsen house we believe in equality, acceptance, tolerance and compassion. As we discussed the admirable mottos of Gaga (I was born this way) and Beyonce (who rules the world, girls) we sipped what I thought to be a very appropriate sparkler.  It was the Iron Horse special edition 2005 Ocean Reserve. On the bottle it says, "I am Giving I am Sparkling I am Limited I am the Ocean." If I could add a line to this label I would add, "and I was Born this Way." I know the idea behind this wine is to try to raise money to help protect the ocean but if you read the label closely it is very reminiscent of Gaga...and myself (haha), I like to think that I am sparkling and giving and limited (as in limited edition (no you may not argue any of these points)).

That was my rant...now on to the wine:

Iron Horse Ocean Reserve 2005

100% Chardonnay
35% barrel fermented
Harvested September 2005
Bottled June 2006
1000 cases
Suggested retail $40

Tasting notes: Extreme bubbles...gives you the sensation that the wine is just floating over your tongue. Crisp, nice acidity with hints of green apple, starfruit and asian pear with a nice soft yeasty finish. I recommend pairing this wine with all the little sea creatures we were able to save with the funds earned from buying/drinking this wine.

Untile next time...keep on sparkling.

2 comments:

  1. Wait.........save the sea creatures or eat the sea creatures? I'm so confused!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save the sea creatures so you can eat them.

    ReplyDelete